Field "Search Keywords" in table "VQ_Public_Search"
There are a few basic rules about the search mechanism that you should be aware of:
1. You may only search on full words. Partial word searching is not supported at present.
EXAMPLE: searching for "Computer" will not find any procurements with "Computers" in the name.
2. Searching is not case-sensitive.
EXAMPLE: searching for "Washer/Dryer" will achieve the same results as "Washer Dryer".
3. Punctuation is ignored in matching and is treated the same as if a space were entered. (Some punctuation characters have special meaning for advanced search as listed below).
EXAMPLE: searching for "J.R.Smith" will achieve the same results as "J R Smith".
4. You can search by more than one word at a time. If you do not use any of the special inclusion/exclusion characters (see below), searching on multiple words will find data with any combination of the supplied search (key) words.
EXAMPLE: searching for "Plumbing Supplies" will find procurements with either "Supplies" or "Plumbing", or both, in the procurement title.
5. You can do an advanced search by indicating certain words MUST be present in any data returned. This is achieved by preceding that word with the "+" character.
EXAMPLE: searching for "School +Plumbing" will only retrieve procurements that have "Plumbing" in their title. The results may or may not have "School" in them.
6. You can do an advanced search by indicating certain words MUST NOT be present in any data returned. This is achieved by preceding that word with the "-" character.
EXAMPLE: searching for "Plumbing -Furnace" will only retrieve procurements that do not have "Furnace" in their title.
NOTE: Searching for "Washer-Dryer" will exclude all procurements with the word "Dryer", so use a hyphen only for exclusionary searching.
7. Search results are ordered in terms of percentage match. This value indicates the percentage of searched words that were found in each result.
EXAMPLE: if you search on two words and both are found in a result, the percentage shows up as 100% for that entry. If only one of the two words is present in a result, the percentage shows as 50% for that entry.
The value is optional and may be omitted.
The format of the data is an alphanumeric string up to 1000 characters long.
Enter a value into the box provided.
The text displayed as a hint for this field is "This value is one or more words to be found by the search.".
Procurement Shared Services (PSS) of the GNWT’s department of Public Works and Services is now responsible for the procurement process for all GNWT departments and the Housing Corporation for goods and services, and responsible for the distribution and receipt of construction tenders for Public Work & Services, Transportation and the Housing Corporation.
If you are looking for Transportation or Housing Corporation or other GNWT Departments contract opportunities, they may be listed under Public Works and Services (PWS).
GNWT Contract Registry and Reporting System Version V1.11